Last modified: 2008-09-20 by simon dodds
Keywords: la chaux |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Per fess Argent and Gules, two Maltese Crosses one and onecounterchanged.
Željko Heimer, 26 September 1999
In the 13th century the village belonged to the Knights Templars and it came into the possession of the Order of St John in 1298. United with the settlement in Cransaz, the commandery was headed by the preceptors of Vaud who were, until 1580, the patrons of Montbrelloz, Fribourg, and Saint-Jean de Grosset, Pays de Gex. The commandery was abolished during the Reformation. von Volborth (1981)
Ole Andersen, 3 August 2002