The flag of the loooong village of Moravskoslezský Kočov, in Bruntal district,
east Czechia, is at this
page. Flag adopted 19 May 1998.
The municipality has 475 inhabitants. The village was formed by the
joining of the two originally separate villages known as Moravský Kočov
and Slezký Kočov. Slezký Kočov was founded as a settlement in 1544. The
first written record of Moravský Kočov comes from the church bell cast
in 1595. The two villages were joined in 1949. The Classicist Saint Michaels
parish church dating back to 1794, with a cemetery wall, is found in the
middle of the village. A Late Renaissance tower survives from an earlier
building. An original border stone marking the boundary between Moravia
and Silesia can be found by the road to Olomouc.
Jarig Bakker, 5 Apr 2002