Image after Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapory obcí ČR (1996)
- Paskov, Frýdek-Místek district, Moravosilesian region - adopted 12 January
Number of inhabitants by 31 December 2000: 3770. The first written
trace of Paskov dated back to 1267. In the 16th century Paskov consisted
of two parts: Paskov market town and Paskov village. In the 17th century
a wooden church was built. In the 19th century the church was rebuilt into
the brick church. After World War II the chateau from the 16th century
was altered into a hospital. The modern history of Paskov started in the
1960's, when a mine (Důl Paskov), blocks of flats for miners, and
Prefa company were built. At the end of the 1970's and beginning of the
1980's, Biocel company and blocks of flats for Biocel staff were constructed.
Therefore, the population of Paskov increased.
Jarig Bakker, 19 Nov 2001