Flag after image in Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapory obcí
ČR (2000); Flag adopted 27 Mar 2000.
Number of inhabitants by 1.1. 2002: 1053. First farm-houses appeared
in the cadastre of Rybí from the 12th to 14th century. The village was
named Rybí in 1511. The original name was Rybník. Rybí was in possession
of the Parish of Štramberk. In 1624 and during the thirty-year war the
village was burnt down. Rybí is a birth-place of Zábranský, artist.
Jarig Bakker, 9 May 2000.