Image after Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapory obcí ČR (1997)
- Jakartovice, Opava district, Moravosilesian region - adopted 27 Jan 1997.
Number of inhabitants by 31.12. 2000: 1084. The first trace dated back
to 1250. Originally the village was in possession of Monastery of Velehrad.
Later on, the village was incorporated into Manor of Velké Heraltice. A
local part of the village, Bohdanovice, was mentioned first in 1265. Deštné
was mentioned in documents of 1320 as a Moravian enclave and Bishop's feud.
Hořejší Kunčice was first mentioned in 1403.
Jarig Bakker, 11 Sep 2002