Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: abtsteinach |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
It is a blue-white-blue vertical triband with ratio of stripes approx. 1:4:1. The coat of arms is shifted to the top within the central stripe.
administration seat: Ober-Abtsteinach
Darmstadt District , state Hesse
banner approved on 14 January 1980
details based on the presentations of Klaus Günther with kind permission
The municipality flags are shown mostly in banner form in Hesse.
Jörg Majewski, 30 June 2006
Shield Gules with base Azure, issuant from base a rock Argent, issuant from rock the head of an abbot's crozier.
The arms are canting. The crozier is referring to the Abbey of Lorsch, there had never been any abbey in the municipality, which had been a dominion of the abbey in Lorsch. The rock is symbolising the Hardberg, a local mountain. The base wavy is symbolising Steinach creek, which springs up in Abtstseinach. A seal from 1736 displayed a lion in the upper half and a crozier beneath, flanked bei letters "A" and "S".
The arms were approved to former municipality of Ober-Abtsteinach on 21 December 1929, and confirmed as arms of Abtsteinach on 1 January 1972.
Source: German WIKIPEDIA
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 18 May 2017
back to Bergstraße Cities and Municipalities Page click here