Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: eschborn |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Yellow, divided by eight red bends. The coat of arms is shifted to the top.
Darmstadt District , state Hesse
banner approved on 8 May 1965
details based on the presentations of Klaus Günther with kind permission
The municipality flags are shown mostly in banner form in Hesse.
Jörg Majewski, 23 July 2006
Shield Gules, a coronet Or, issuant from coronet a pair of wings Argent, beneath right and above left charged with four pieces of vair, both ordered 2:2.
The arms show the crest of the arms of the Lords of Kronberg, who lived in Eschborn before 1220, in modified order. Even though the family had already moved to Kronberg many centuries before, the oldest seal, dating from the 16th century, displays this crest. All later seals until 1933 show the same composition. From 1933-1937 the village used canting arms displaying an ash tree and a fountain (German: Born). The present arms were granted on 8 February 1937 by Oberpräsident of Prussian province of hessen-Nassau and are thus based on the oldest seal.
Source: Stadler 1967, p.31
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 6 Apr 2017
back to Main-Taunus Cities and Municipalities Page click here