This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Limbach (Baden) Municipality (Germany)

Gemeinde Limbach (Baden), Neckar-Odenwald-Kreis, Baden-Württemberg

Last modified: 2017-12-09 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: limbach(baden) | mitre | crozier | eagle(blue) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Limbach (Baden) banner] image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 7 Dec 2014 See also:

Limbach (Baden) Municipality

Limbach Banner

It is a yellow-red vertical bicolour. The coat of arms is slightly shifted to the top.
Source: information provided by Mr. Link from the local administration
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 7 Dec 2014

Limbach Coat of Arms

Shield parted per pale, at dexter Gules a mitre Or garnished Argent and a crozier issuant Or in pale crossing the mitre, at sinister Argent two eagles Azure armed and tongued Gules in pale.
Limbach had been a possession of Amorbach Monastery until 1803, became a possession of the Counts of Leiningen in 1803 and finally of the Grand Dukes of Baden in 1806. The first seal from 1811 displayed the arms of the Counts of Leiningen (three eagles). In the current pattern the Leiningen arms have been modified. The crozier is alluding to Amorbach Monastery. The tinctures of the arms were fixed in 1960.
Source: Landeskundliches Informationssystem Baden-Württemberg

The banner was approved on 6 September 1966 by Minister of Interior of Baden-Württemberg. Banner and arms were confirmed on 16 August 1976 and published in GaBl 312/1977.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 7 Dec 2014

back to Neckar-Odenwald cities and municipalities click here