Last modified: 2021-12-04 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: pfaffenhofen(county) | lozengy(white-blue) | hops(twig) | cross(patriarchal) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
It is a yellow-green vertical bicolour with arms shifted to top.
Source: Linder and Schmidt 2000
Stefan Schwoon, 10 July 2001
Shield parted per pale, at dexter lozengy of Argent and Azure a patriarchal cross Or, at sinister Or a hops twig Vert having one leaf and one umbel.
The arms show in the sinister half a twig of hops, as cultivation of hop is of great importance for the production of beer in the county. The dexter half combines a symbol of the Benedictine Monastery in Scheyern with the lozenges of the Wittelsbach kin (and of Bayern). In the early 12th century the kin had a branch line as Counts of Scheyern and changed its ancestral castle into a monastery in 1118.
Source: Stadler 1964, p.73
Santiago Dotor, 12 July 2003
Banner and arms were approved on 18 April 1963 and confirmed on 4 July 1974. Banner and arms remained the same after the 1972 municipal reform.
Stefan Schwoon, 10 July 2001 and Santiago Dotor, 12 July 2003
back to Bavarian District, County and Municipal Flags Index page click here