Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: philippsthal(werra) | bannerhead | triplemount | cross(patriarchal) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
It is a red-white-red vertical triband with stripes of equal width. The coat of arms without shield is in a red bannerhead.
Kassel District , state Hesse
municipality formed newly on 1 August 1972 by merger of Philippsthal with 5 other villages
banner approved on 30 March 1939 and confirmed 20 September 1974
details based on the presentations of Klaus Günther with kind permission
The municipality flags are shown mostly in banner form in Hesse.
Jörg Majewski, 21 Nov 2006
Shield Gules, issuant from base a triplemount Argent, charged with an inescutcheon, displaying the arms of Hesse and crowned by a Patriarchal cross Argent.
The old name of the town was Kreuzberg (= calvary), which is shown in the arms as a cross rising from a mountain. The cross is also a symbol of the former Benedictine convent in the village. The arms of Hesse on the inescutcheon are referring to the fact that the village was a possession of the Counts of Hesse. Kreuzberg was given to Philipp of Hesse, name giver of the current name, by his brother Karl in 1686.
Source: Stadler 1967, p.74
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 9 June 2017
back to Hersfeld-Rotenburg Cities and Municipalities Page click here