This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Hinojosa del Campo (Municipality, Castilla y León, Spain)

Last modified: 2020-11-14 by ivan sache
Keywords: hinojosa del campo |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors


Flag of Hinojosa del Campo - Image by Roberto Bartolomé Pesquera, 3 October 2020

See also:

Presentation of Hinojosa del Campo

The municipality of Hinojosa del Campo (31 inhabitants in 2018 vs. 203 in 1960; 2,607 ha) is located 60 km east of Soria.

Ivan Sache, 3 October 2020

Symbols of Hinojosa del Campo

The flag and arms of Hinojosa del Campo are prescribed by an Agreement issued on 18 May 2020 by the Village Council, signed on 7 August 2020 by the Mayor, and published on 14 August 2020 in the official gazette of Castilla y León, No. 165, p. 31,376-31,377 (text).
The symbols are described as follows:

Flag: Rectangular panel, in proportions 2:3. Composed of three equal vertical stripe, red at hoist, white in the center, and yellow at fly, charged in the center with the municipal coat of arms.
Coat of arms: Or on waves azure and argent a three-arched bridge gules masoned sable ensigned by a tower gules masoned sable without window with a raised gate surrounded by fennel plants vert. The shield surmounted by a Royal crown closed.

The symbols were designed from scratch by Roberto Bartolomé Pesquera, as described in the supporting memoir (text) completed on 30 April 2020.
The tower with the raised gate represents the defense tower of the Nuestra Señora de la Asunción church (photos). Built in Romanesque and Gothic styles, the church has kept its two defense towers, the smaller, of Arab origin (10th century), and the bigger, of Christian origin.
The bridge and waves represent the La Reina bridge spanning over river Rituerto. The bridge was first mentioned in a document dated 9 September 1621 kept in the Soria Provincial Historical Archives. As its name (Kingdom's Bridge) says it, the bridge was used by the Royal Road, today Provincial Road SO-3617, offering access to the village from the west.
The fennel (hinojo) makes the arms canting. The village was first documented, as Finoiosa del Campo, in the Soria census ordered in 1270 by King Alfonso X.

Ivan Sache, 3 October 2020