This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Côtes-d'Armor (Department, France): Yacht clubs and rowing clubs

Last modified: 2018-06-21 by ivan sache
Keywords: cotes-d'armor |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

See also:

Aviron Club d'Armor


Flag of Avirons d'Armor - Image by Ivan Sache, 17 December 2004

The rowing club Aviron Club d'Armor (website) aka Les Avirons d'Armor has two bases, one in Plédéliac for river rowing and one in Pléneuf-Val André for sea rowing.
The flag of Aviron Club d'Armor is horizontally divided blue-red with a yellow triangle placed along the fly.

Ivan Sache, 17 December 2004

Amicale des Plaisanciers du Leguer


Burgee of APL - Image by Ivan Sache, 12 July 2003

Amicale des Plaisanciers du Leguer (APL; website) has its social seat at Lannion, a town built at the inner end of the large estuary of the river Leguer. The yacht club is located in the small port of Beg-Hent, on the right bank of the Leguer estuary, five kilometers downstream the center of Lannion.
The burgee of APL is yellow with a black border, a black anchor and a fish, a black ermine spot and the letters "APL" placed vertically along the hoist.

Ivan Sache, 12 July 2003

Yacht Club Pays de Saint-Brieuc


Burgee of YCPSB - Image by Ivan Sache, 4 February 2018

In April 2016, ANL was renamed to Yacht Club Pays de Saint-Brieuc (YCPSB). "Yacht Club" was considered more significant and attractive for young members than "Association nautique", while "Pays de Saint-Brieuc" was considered more representative of the diversity of the members than "Légué". No longer affiliated with the French Sailing Federation, YCPSB withdrew from the organization of the Grand Prix de la Baie de Saint-Brieuc.
[ Le Télégramme, 25 April 2016]

The burgee of YCPSB (photo, photo, photo) is white with the club's emblem, which uses the colors of ANL, yellow and blue. The full name of ANL is also written beneath the full name of YCPSB, but in smaller letters.

Ivan Sache, 4 February 2018

Association Nautique du Légué


Burgee of ANL - Image by Ivan Sache, 12 May 2012

The Légué Port is located in the estuary of river Gouêt, which separates the towns of Saint-Brieuc and Plérin. The port is managed by the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Côtes-d'Armor on behalf of its owner, the General Council of Côtes-d'Armor. The port includes a marina (250 moorings and 150 spaces on land), a port of commerce for coastal shipping (up to 5,000 tons), and a ship repairing workshop.

The non-professional users of the port have established the Association Nautique du Légué (ANL) to defend their interests.
The burgee of ANL (photo) is blue with an emblem featuring a windrose and a stylized sailboat, and the yellow letters "ANL".

Ivan Sache, 4 February 2018

Club Nautique de Plouër et de la Rance

[Burgee of CNPR]

Burgee of CNPR - Image by Ivan Sache, 3 January 2010

Club Nautique de Plouër et de la Rance (CNPR; club's website) is based at Plouër, a small town located 15 km north of Dinan. River Rance (102 km) has its estuary, separating Dinard and Saint-Malo,"locked" by the Rance Tidal Power Plant (Usine marémotrice de la Rance), inaugurated in 1966.

The burgee of CNPR is red with a white cross, the municipal arms of Plouër in canton and the letters "C.N.P.R." and a star, all red, on the horizontal arms of the cross.
The arms of Plouër are "Quarterly, 1. and 4. Gules six roses or placed 3+2+1, 2. and 3. Argent a saltire gules cantoned by four billets of the same."
"Gules six roses or" are the arms of the Plouër family; they are shown as the arms of Roland, lord of Plouër (#55, "Ruellan sire de Ploer") in the Roll of Arms of the Second Treaty of Guérande (1381), published by Michel Pastoureau in Bulletin de la Société Archéologique du Finistère in 1976.

Ivan Sache, 3 January 2010

Centre Nautique de Tréguier

[Burgee of CN Tréguier]

Burgee of CNT - Image by Ivan Sache & Mikael Bodlore-Penlaez, 31 March 2001

According to Ar Banniel [arb] #10 (Winter 1999), the burgee of Centre Nautique de Tréguier, designed by Christian Le Berre, port instructor in Tréguier, and Hervé Elies, from the Marina Sports company, is made of the traditional Kroaz-Du (black cross on a white field) with a yellow canton, St. Ivo's colour charged with St. Tudwal's red dragon, which also appears on the flag of Tregor

Ivan Sache, 31 March 2001

Yacht Club du Val-André


Flag of YCVA - Image by Ivan Sache, 23 July 2006

The municipality of Pléneuf-Val-André (3,965 inhabitants in 2006; 1,707 ha) is located 20 km east of Saint-Brieuc. Originally known as Plou Nevez ("The New Settlement), the village was probably settled in the 5th century on the site of a former Roman camp.
The sea resort of Val-André was created in 1880 by Charles Cottard, a collaborator of Ferdinand de Lesseps, the builder of the Canal of Suez. This wide, low valley ending in a large sand beach was then known as Val en Dret. Within a few years, a promenade, villas and hotels were built and the new resort merged with Pléneuf.
The port of Dahouët emerged in the beginning of the 15th century as a place from which grain and cider produced in the hinterland were shipped. The masons and carpentars of the village were also famous. The port developed in the 19th century with the Grande Pêche in Newfoundland; quays were built in 1822 only.

Yacht Club du Val-André (YCVA; website), based in the port of Dahouët, organizes the race Trois jours d'Armor (Dahouët-Jersey-Dahouët).
The burgee of YCVA is quartered red-blue by a white saltire. It might have been inspired by the municipal arms of Pléneuf-Val-André, "Gules fretty argent a chief sable a lion passant guardant between in chief four and in base three escallops fesswise argent").

Ivan Sache, 23 July 2006