Last modified: 2015-06-29 by andrew weeks
Keywords: ganne tiqwa | mo'atza mekomit ganne tiqwa | text: hebrew (black) | coat of arms (palm tree: green) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Dov Gutterman | 2:3
Coat-of-arms adopted 8th March 1973
Local Council Ganei Tiqva (meaning Gardens of Hope)
is situated in the south Sharon area, just south of Petah Tikva which also gave it its name.
Est. 1949, pop. 10,500.
The flag at the city hall was white with emblem. Another variant spotted by Mrs. Burstein was blue with emblem. The municipal emblem was published in the official gazette (Rashumot, Yalkut ha-Pirsumim), YP 4424, 4 July 1996.
Sources: photograph by Ms. Rachel Burstein; this webpage.
Dov Gutterman, 20 September 2001
Established in 1949 as "Shikun HaYovel". Renamed and
become Local Council in 1954.
Dov Gutterman, 12 April 2005
image from wikipedia