Last modified: 2015-06-29 by andrew weeks
Keywords: emeq hefer | regional council | mo'atza ezorit emeq hefer | text: hebrew (green) | coat of arms: per pale (fish: green) | coat of arms: per pale (fish: hauriant) | coat of arms: per pale (tree: green) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Dov Gutterman | 2:3
Coat-of-arms adopted 13th November 1958
Regional Council Emeq Hefer (pronounced: Emeq Khefer),
named after the Biblical land of Hefer (Kings A, 4, 10), is
situated in the seashore plain between Hadera
and Netanya. No less then 45
settlements are governed by this Regional Council with 27,000
inh. Emeq Hefer was the first Regional Council to be founded
The unofficial flag above the city hall shows a black municipal emblem on a green field.
Sources: author's own observation, 6 September 2001; this webpage.
The municipal emblem was published in the official gazette (Rashumot), YP 633, 13 November 1958.
Dov Gutterman, 10 September 2001
First community (Kefar Wittkin) was founded in 1933 and today
it govern 27 Moshav's, 9 Kibbutz's, 5 Education
institutes, 4 communities and 2 neighborhoods.
Emblem include a fish and orange tree inside of two spikes.
Dov Gutterman, 1 May 2005
image from wikipedia