Last modified: 2019-07-21 by ian macdonald
Keywords: hobsonville yacht club |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Estb: 1934. Location: Boundary Road, Hobsonville Point, Auckland.
Burgee: Pennant circa 6:10 (web image). Light blue field charged with a blue displayed eagle flanked with the blue letters H and C, all on a 1 unit-wide horizontal red stripe.
"Competitive sailing began at Hobsonville in the early 1930s which led to the formation of the Hobsonville Boating Club (HBC) in 1934. With the Defence amalgamation of Hobsonville and Whenuapai in 1966 to become RNZAF Base Auckland, the HBC was retitled RNZAF Base Auckland Yacht Club (RNZAF BAYC). However since the airforce base has moved from Hobsonville we are now  known as The Hobsonville Yacht Club. Our aim is to keep the tradition of recreational boating alive at Hobsonville."
Source, accessed 1 June 2019, http://www.hycnz.org.nz/
Note: With the assistance of Lisa Mackay, HYC Secretary.
Peter Edwards, 9 June 2019