Last modified: 2018-12-15 by rob raeside
Keywords: glubczyce |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
"Arms: on a vertically divided shield, on the right, blue field, are
three grain stalks, (two wheat and one barley) related to the main crops
of the agricultural area.
On the left (red) field is a silver lion representing the Bohemian Premyslid Dynasty, under rule of which the town of Glubczyce (Leobschütz - Hlubčice) was founded.
The Arms were designed for Leobschütz in 1935 by the local artist and painter - Hans Schindler and were previously in use in the 1935-45 period.
The colors blue and gold correspond to the traditional colors of Upper Silesia.
Silver and red correspond to the colors of the Arms of Bohemia.
Flag: the flag proposed seven years ago and rejected by the Heraldic
Commission, could be approved if the County's Council would consider getting
rid of the blue color and place the grain stalks in the paws of the lion.
Chrystian Kretowicz, 22 Oct 2008