Bratislava - Rača is the part of Bratislava (since 1946), which lies on
the eastern foot of the Little Carpathians, with abundant viniculture tradition,
a favourite trip place for people of Bratislava. The first document is
from 1237, but evidence about inhabitation is even from the end of the
8th century. Important sights are the Gothic Roman-Catholic Church of St.
Jacob from the 14th century, later rebuilt to the Renaissance style and
Baroque style, and the Evangelical Church from the 19th century.
Area: 23.8 km2 Number of inhabitants: 21 100
Population density per km2: 885
Images from the municipal
Jarig Bakker, 24 Apr 2008