Last modified: 2013-06-29 by rob raeside
Keywords: saint-charles-de-bellechasse | quebec | flag | acadia | fleur-de-lys: 3 | book | harp | chalice |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image contributed by Luc Baronian
This coat of arms shows the Acadian flag in the
canton. Saint-Gervais parish was founded by 13 Acadian refugee families, in
the fief the Livaudière or Nouvelle-Cadie, who settle d there in 1756 after
being expelled from their homeland. The Acadians left about 15 years later for
nearby areas, and Saint-Gervais was resettled by Scots and French-Canadians.
The two first rangs of the parish still recall the original Acadian
settlers: Première Cadie and Deuxième Cadie.
Luc Baronian, 16 June 2005